BoomrBaby Insurance Services, Inc. (“BoomerBaby”, “Company”, “We”, “Our”) respects your privacy and fully acknowledges the great responsibility that comes with safeguarding sensitive data such as your healthcare information. We are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This document describes the types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you access, use or register with BoomerBaby’s website and mobile application (collectively “Services”) and our practices for using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of our Services:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically when you use the Services.
Information You Provide to Us
When you use or register with the Services, we may ask you provide information by which you may be personally identified, such as your name, telephone number, postal address, email address, social security number, location, and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“Personal Information”).
This information includes:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms in the Services. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Services.
- Information used for requesting services such as obtaining health insurance quotes or applying for health insurance. Depending on the data your situation, it may also contain information about your medical history, prescription information, preferred pharmacies, preferred doctors, as well as financial, tax filing and household information in the case of government health insurance.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Services and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through the Services. We may contact you regarding your transactions using your personal information such as your email address and phone number.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Services.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
Automatic Information Collection
When you download, access and use the Services, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the Services, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the Services, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Services.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your computer, mobile device and internet connection, including the computer or mobile device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information and the device’s telephone number.
Cookies, Web Beacons, and Tracking
We may also employ software technology known as “web beacons” or “clear GIFs,” which helps us keep track of what content on our service is effective. Web beacons are small graphics with a unique identifier that are used to track the online movements of Internet users. Web beacons are embedded in the web pages you review, so they are not stored on your hard drive. The web beacons we may use will not track or collect any personally identifiable information about you.
The Services also use third-party analysis and tracking services to track the performance of our services, understand how you use our services, and offer you an improved and safer experience. Such usage information will be deleted as soon as this information is no longer required for the purpose collected, and will not be shared with third parties until after being anonymized.
Use of Personal Information We Collect
We may use the information we collect from you in the following ways:
- To set up your account with us.
- To facilitate quotes and applications for health care and other products.
- To personalize your user experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and offerings in which you are most interested.
- To deliver service messages and other services and content you request and send information related to accounts and services, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- To conduct an aggregated analysis of the performance of our Services, including referral data if you arrive at our website from an external source.
All the data we collect at BoomerBaby is necessary for BoomerBaby to deliver the services you use. The amount we collect has been minimized wherever possible to respect your privacy.
How We May Share Information We Collect
We may share personal information as follows:
- To provide to third party service providers that perform services on our behalf, such as third-party payment platforms.
- To insurance companies, insurance agents, or other business partners to process your health insurance quotes and applications.
- We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding. However, this information will be in the aggregate and anonymized to protect your personal information.
- We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal processes, and with banking partners as required by credit card association rules.
- We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- We will never sell your personal data.
Your Consent for Processing Health and Sensitive Data
If you create an account with BoomerBaby, your personal data, including sensitive data and data related to your health, is stored and processed on BoomerBaby servers. By creating an account with BoomerBaby you explicitly consent that BoomerBaby may store and process personal data you provide through the usage of the Services, and through the account creation process for the purpose of providing BoomerBaby Services to you and to improve BoomerBaby’s Services.
Your Rights under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) is a federal law that required the creation of national standards to protect sensitive patient health information from being disclosed without the patient’s consent or knowledge. Please note that once your insurance application has been submitted to a health insurance company or the federal government, you may have to contact the insurance company or governmental body directly to update your application and/or exercise your individual rights under HIPAA.
Your Data Protection Rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides consumers with specific rights regarding their Personal Information. If you are a California resident, you have the right to:
- Request we disclose to you free of charge the following information covering the 12 months preceding your request: (a) the categories of Personal Information about you that we collected; (b) the categories of sources from which the Personal Information was collected; (c) the purpose for collecting Personal Information about you; (d) the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed Personal Information about you and the categories of Personal Information that was disclosed (if applicable) and the purpose for disclosing the Personal Information about you; and (e) the specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you;
- Request we delete Personal Information we collected from you, unless the CCPA recognizes an exception;
- If the business sells Personal Information, you have a right to opt-out of that sale.
Consistent with California law, if you choose to exercise your applicable CCPA rights, we won’t charge you different prices or provide you a different quality of services. If we ever offer a financial incentive or product enhancement that is contingent upon you providing your Personal Information, we will not do so unless the benefits to you are reasonably related to the value of the Personal Information that you provide to us. If you are a California resident and wish to exercise your rights under the CCPA, please contact us at info@BoomerBaby.com.
We apply security measures to protect against the misuse, loss, and/or alteration of personal information under our control. All of our data is stored on Google Cloud Platform (GCP). We follow industry best practices when transferring and storing your data. Though we cannot ensure or guarantee that misuse, loss or alteration of information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it. No storage facility, technology, software, security protocols or data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Computer hackers that circumvent our security measures may gain access to certain portions of your personal data, and technological bugs, errors and glitches may cause inadvertent disclosures of your personal data; provided, however, that any attempt to breach the security of the network, our servers, databases or other hardware or software constitutes a crime punishable by law. For the reasons mentioned above, we cannot warrant that your personal data will be absolutely secure. Any transmission of data at or through the BoomerBaby website and app is at your own risk.
Updating and Accessing Your Personal Information
If your Personal Information changes, we invite you to correct or update your information. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account, request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, or delete your Personal Information, you may do so through your account settings, or contact us at info@BoomerBaby.com. We will respond to your request to have your Personal Information updated as soon as possible. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Notice Concerning The Information Of Children
BoomerBaby does not knowingly collect or use personal data from children under the age of 13. By registering to a BoomerBaby account you are required to confirm that you are at least 13 years old. If your child has submitted information to BoomerBaby, please contact us at info@BoomerBaby.com so that it may be removed.
18 E. Blithedale Ave, Suite 24.
Mill Valley, CA 94941
Last Update: October 22, 2020